Sunday, March 15, 2009

New/old pants

This week I put on pants that were much too tight before, and they fit. They are a large. Sizes vary so much now that I have mediums and larges in my closet. I must say I love it when mediums fit, but I know deep down inside that I am a large. But I was surprised and dismayed when a large did not fit me, and I tucked the pants in the “doesn’t fit” drawer. It was delightful that I could finally wear them! I have a whole drawer of new clothes that don’t fit, but soon will – not old clothes but clothes that I bought without trying on and came home to find that they were too tight.

My husband decided to lose a few pounds and took off three pounds in two days. I did more physical exercise and ate less. Unfair!!!! He said he felt fat at being five pounds overweight!

I was looking at pictures of Eleuthera. I was surprised to see how I looked in pictures of me walking on the beach. I look big still. I don’t think of myself as big but now on the border (okay, there is a distance to go) of being normal. When I look in the medicine cabinet mirror, I never did or now see myself as fat. I think that is why random photographs always shock me – who is that woman and how come she looks that way? Our ability to re-size ourselves in the mirror is such a great gift. Otherwise most of us would be depressed every morning.

It’s a funny thing on how I judge photographs of myself. I look first to see how fat I look. If I look thinnish (when I am thinnish), the photograph is okay. 

I never made it to Weight Watchers as I didn’t got home in time from an afternoon meeting. Maybe this week! I did take out the book and counted my points faithfully. Someone saw me the other day and said, “You have lost a lot of weight.” I wanted to hug her!

1 comment:

  1. Fat or thin, your body is healthy and functioning. So love it a little! I am sending it a big squishy hug

    ReplyDelete