Sunday, April 12, 2009

Trying to get it right



I met friends for dinner the other night at a local restaurant. I scanned the menu looking for the most healthy, least caloric meal. I finally decided on the baked scrod with no starch but an extra helping of vegetables. I ignored the bread (not the glass of wine). When the meal came, the fish was baked and served in a large pool of butter. It was delicious! I probably should have ordered the lasagna if I wanted less calories.

My daughter-in-law tells me that doctors are seeing so many obese women that 300 pounds is no longer strange. Whereas 200 pounds used to be considered big, the bar has been raised to 300. I do think it is all the food that is available – all processed and loaded with calories that is making this a fat country.

I must say that this seems to me a long time (you too, I am sure) and the results have been less than stellar. Young people and men drop weight so quickly, and my 24 pounds over 3.5 months, that is 14 weeks – has been so slow. Here is a picture of me in London at the Camden Town canals. I am still wearing black!

3 comments:

  1. I've been off sugar for two weeks, mostly for my teeth, but still, not always easy. Easy to slip up. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losing slowly tends to keep it off. You're about 1.7 pounds per week, which is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think 24 pounds over three and a half months is amazing! And you look great. BE HAPPY AND THRILLED ABOUT IT! :)

    ReplyDelete